Because the real hero of Art Vinyl is the record sleeves themselves, we run a program of exhibitions that celebrate the best in sleeve design.
Best Art Vinyl 2021
The Best Art Vinyl Award 2021 sees a diverse shortlist of 50 striking record covers compiled by a panel of highly respected industry experts and designers. The nominated record covers include works by a range of artists and designers from household names like Damien Hirst to genius new creatives, revealing their debut commercial projects in the form of vinyl record covers. The Spring Arts Centre in Havant, UK launches the Award with an exhibition curating all 50 nominations for Best Art Vinyl 2021 together with the previous winning sleeves from the last 16 years.
The public are invited to vote for their favourites on our website or in person via the exhibition, which ultimately decides the overall winner.
Final winners were revealed at an Awards event alongside a unique 5m tall art installation of the 50 nominated records on 27th January 2022 at The Hari Hotel in Belgravia, London.
With thanks to Best Art Vinyl 2021 Nominations Shortlist Judging Panel:
- Matthew Cooper, Designer – cover art credits for Arctic Monkeys, Franz
Ferdinand, Noel Gallagher. Best Art Vinyl 2016 winner for Last Shadow Puppets – ‘Everything
You’ve Come to Expect’
- Alison Fielding, Head of Creative at Beggars Group
- Andrew Heeps, Founder of Art Vinyl
- Rob O’Connor, Stylorouge Creative Consultants – cover art credits for
Blur, Squeeze, Morrissey.
- Russell Oliver, Painter/Artist – Winner of Best Art Vinyl 2020 for
IDLES ‘Ultra Mono’
- Bill Smith, Author of Cover Stories: Five decades of Album Art