Because the real hero of Art Vinyl is the record sleeves themselves, we run a program of exhibitions that celebrate the best in sleeve design.
Best Art Vinyl 2021
The Best Art Vinyl Award 2021 sees a diverse shortlist of 50 striking record covers compiled by a panel of highly respected industry experts and designers. The nominated record covers include works by a range of artists and designers from household names like Damien Hirst to genius new creatives, revealing their debut commercial projects in the form of vinyl record covers. The Spring Arts Centre in Havant, UK launched the Award with an exhibition curating all 50 nominations for Best Art Vinyl 2021 together with the previous winning sleeves from the last 16 years.
Final winners were revealed at an Awards event alongside a unique 5m tall art installation of the 50 nominated records on 27th January 2022 at The Hari Hotel in Belgravia, London.
The exhibition now tours the UK, currently on display at Haslemere Education Museum 2 July – 31 August 2022.
With thanks to Best Art Vinyl 2021 Nominations Shortlist Judging Panel:
- Matthew Cooper, Designer – cover art credits for Arctic Monkeys, Franz
Ferdinand, Noel Gallagher. Best Art Vinyl 2016 winner for Last Shadow Puppets – ‘Everything
You’ve Come to Expect’
- Alison Fielding, Head of Creative at Beggars Group
- Andrew Heeps, Founder of Art Vinyl
- Rob O’Connor, Stylorouge Creative Consultants – cover art credits for
Blur, Squeeze, Morrissey.
- Russell Oliver, Painter/Artist – Winner of Best Art Vinyl 2020 for
IDLES ‘Ultra Mono’
- Bill Smith, Author of Cover Stories: Five decades of Album Art